Thursday, August 9, 2012

my wonderful 38week news

 A little back story first:

With My first pregnancy I went to 41 weeks and was still not dilated, thinned ...nothing.
I went to the hospital to be induced a few days later. 
My body did not respond to the pitocin very well. 
I was in the hospital for a day and a half before I reached 4cm.
All together a 36hr labor.

Going into it I thought I had imagined every possible situation.
I didn't imagine this.
I still can not complain to much...
My son is healthy and beautiful and I recovered well. 
I know so many women with way harder stories. 

However this pregnancy I had it in my mind that I was going
 to be 42 weeks again with no baby. 

Going into my doctors appointment today for my 38 week check
I was fully prepared to hear the word zero..

But I didn't. 
I am at 1 1/2 cm

I have the same doctor as I did with Ty
so he is very aware of my situation and was 
almost as excited for me as I was! 

I know this does not mean I will go into labor tonight.
I know I can be a 1 1/2 for the next two weeks.
I know this does not mean delivery will be a piece of cake.

However if I can come into the hospital on my own with 
out having to be induced.

 Or now being induced NOT from a zero...

I am more relaxed.

5 comments:

thanks for putting a smile on my face today with your comment:)