Thursday, March 17, 2011

scrap pillow

I'm so excited to share this pillow with you! It was so much fun to make and
I am so happy with the way it turned out:)
My sister in law turned 13...so I wanted to give her something cute and fun

I cut out two pieces of material the size of the pillow.
I used white because the fabric I had to work with was a lot of
pink and whites.

I cut her name and some stars out of some pink material

placed and pinned them.

I know this looks crazy, but don't ever throw away scraps...
you can do so many fun things with them

I just kept piling them on top of each other

tell I thought it looked cute
after I got them how I wanted them
comes the time consuming part

pinning them

I pin it like crazy


Here is the back and front before I get to sewing!

on the front I outlined her name and the stars.




on the back you could outline it. I have done it before,
but this pillow I used way smaller scraps and
wanted to see what a zig zag stitch
going up and down would look like
I think it turned out pretty cute!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA ANNIE

8 comments:

  1. The pillow turned out soooooo CUTE!!!Jessica will love it! I am so glad that you are blogging all you crafts... I LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOUR DOING!! I love you to the moon!!
    MOMMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ash! That's so creative. I'm sure Jessica will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! It came out really great. :) I can't believe how neat your sewing is on the applique. Mine goes wobbly all over the place. Great project!
    Humble Homemaking
    p.s. I have a weekend party going on right now so feel free to hook up any project or recipe if you want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cute!! I bet she LOVES it!! What a cool sister in law. :) Thanks so much for linking up at The Little Birdie's Tutorial Tuesday party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great way to use scraps. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The back is amazing! I think I'll use it as a front and make pillows for my boys! Thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a cousin "Jessica Anne" too :D Such a cool idea for a pillow, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for putting a smile on my face today with your comment:)