Thursday, July 14, 2011

felt headband tutorial


I love my new headband! 
I have so much felt and elastic laying around...
I thought I would get creative and try something new.

 YOU WILL NEED:
scrap felt 
jewls 
headband or elastic 
lighter 
glue gun


Trace out three different size circles. 
The circles don't need to be perfect. 


Cut them out and stack together
 You should have something like this!

I didn't really like the look of it.

 I took a lighter to the edges... then it didn't look
like I just got out of the craft room. 


This is the look you will get if you burn the edges.  

 I took the lighter and burnt from the bottom...
this makes the felt curl up more.

Also if you do use the lighter method know that
 the felt will shrink up a bit.


Take your glue gun and glue all circles together.
Then add your jewel and glue in the middle circle.


Now that all circles are done
 glue them to the elastic band. 

Make sure to overlap them...
I did about a half an inch...

If you don't then they separate and stretch apart. 


Then enjoy!!!
xoxo
ill be linking up HERE

17 comments:

  1. So cute! I totally want to make some now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your little guy is just ADORABLE! Your eyes are BEAUTIFUL! I'm loving these! I think I need to make these for my Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally Pretty Ashley!
    Thank you for stopping by!
    Following you back :)
    xo!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable! I am SO making this. Maybe even this weekend! Thank you so much Ash, for showing how cute & easy it is to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these type of headbands. I wish I could get more enthusiasm in the morning to add pretty accessories to my hair. I know for most gals a pony tail or adding a headband is the easy "do" but for some reason my easy "do" is just down, boring and straight..LOL It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea (I'm a major fan of headbands)! I'm here from the Kissed by a Frog Linky Party... I'm a new follower, would love for you to follow me too! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, really beautiful. Thank you for the tutorial. When I get better and finish the puppet series, I will make some and feature. Will let you know. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great on you! Very cute, and simple which is perfect for this mom ;) Thanks for linking up with us!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't have thought to burn the edges of felt. I love it. I too have a lot of felt and elastic laying around. I am going to have to try this:>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Such a simple tutorial. I just so happen to have ALL the supplies for this already. YAY!

    ♥Jazmin
    www.millerhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashley, thank you so much for linking up with the frog last week! I absolutely love this headband and the color is beautiful!
    I hope you will join me again tomorrow!!
    HUGS~
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really cute! I love it with the ponytail. You totally have the right look to pull it off! I always feel like such a dork when I try to wear things like that : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute! Love the headband!
    Thank you for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    I hope to see more of your creativity this weekend! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you desire to take a good deal from this article then you have to apply such
    methods to your won weblog.
    My web site Diet Plans that work

    ReplyDelete
  16. An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do believe that you should publish more about this issue, it might not
    be a taboo subject but usually people don't talk about such issues. To the next! Many thanks!!
    Also see my web site > diets that work fast for women

    ReplyDelete

thanks for putting a smile on my face today with your comment:)